You are here:
Home > Services > Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
The Standard Terms & Conditions for Cuyahoga County purchase orders may be viewed at www.opd.cuyahogacounty.us
. A printed copy is available via fax or mail by calling the Office of Procurement & Diversity at (216) 443-7200. These terms and conditions are in addition to any printed herein.
JURISDICTION: SELLER SHALL AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION IN THE STATE OF OHIO AND BE OF THE UNDERSTANDING THAT ONLY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF OHIO CONTROL THIS AGREEMENT.NO PRICE INCREASE OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED ON THIS PURCHASE ORDER.
- Prices shown are those submitted by Vendor's Quotation.
- Memorandum of contents shall be enclosed with each shipment.
- This Purchase Order Number shall be shown on all boxes, packages, shipping documents, invoices, and correspondence.
- Acceptance of and responsibility for material shipped on this Order begins only upon delivery by the carrier to the Destination designated.
- Materials rejected because of failure to meet specifications and standards are to be removed by Vendor from Destination at their expense within 30 days of notification from Purchasing Division.
- Substitutions or alterations on this order are NOT ALLOWED.
- Payment discounts were not a factor in awarding this Purchase Order. However, any payment discounts offered will be taken based on the County's eligibility to comply with the time stated in the Seller's terms of payment in their quotation.
- The County is exempt from all taxes except Ohio Road Tax.
- The Purchaser reserves the right to cancel all or any portion of this order if not delivered within the time specified in the Vendor's quotation. The Purchaser (Cuyahoga County) also reserves the right to cancel all or any portion of this order with a 30 day prior written notice.
- No charges shall be allowed for containers, boxing or cartage unless specified on this Order. Returnable deposits for containers not allowed, but return shall be guaranteed.
- PAYMENTS: No payment shall be made until the materials, supplies, equipment or services have been delivered and accepted and the work completed to the full satisfaction of the County. Original invoices are the only acceptable document for vouchering.
- The Seller guarantees that the sale or use of the articles mentioned or bought on this Order are not an infringement of any U.S. Patent, and covenants to defend every suit which shall be brought against the purchaser or any party selling or using any product of the purchaser for any alleged infringement of any patent by reason of the sale or use of said component, and to pay all expenses and fees of counsel which shall be incurred in and about defending, and all costs, damages and profits recoverable in every such suit, and that upon any refusal to perform any of these covenants, the purchaser shall have the right to terminate this agreement by serving written notice upon the party selling said components.
- Cuyahoga County does not assume any payment of personal property taxes for any equipment or property not owned by Cuyahoga County, nor does Cuyahoga County pay any insurance premiums for any coverage of property not owned by Cuyahoga County. Cuyahoga County does not assume any late payment penalties. No conditions will alter this statement.
- Vendor represents and warrants that neither Vendor nor any of its owners, principals, and senior management are delinquent on any taxes or court costs in Cuyahoga County.
Findings for Recovery. Vendor represents and warrants that it is not subject to an “unresolved” finding for recovery under Ohio Revised Code Section 9.24. If this representation and warranty is deemed to be false, this Purchase Order is void ab initio, and Vendor must immediately repay to the County any funds paid under this contract.