You are here:
Home > Initiatives
Initiatives & Accomplishments
Priorities/Outcomes & Objectives
Priority/Outcome 1: Procure quality goods and services at a competitive cost, in a timely manner, and in compliance with the Ohio Revised Code and county policies.
- Research and implement best management practices in government procurement.
- Continuously review county purchasing policies/procedures for compliance with the Ohio Revised Code.
Priority/Outcome 2: Encourage opportunities for Diversity Businesses (SBE/MBE/WBE) in county procurements.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate county procurements to determine and address areas of needed
- Using best management practices, continue to be creative and innovative in structuring procurement opportunities for (SBE/MBE/WBE) vendors for projects/contracts with county participation.
- Participate in community outreach events to increase awareness and effectiveness of the Diversity Division.
- Increase and strengthen contract compliance monitoring for (SBE/MBE/WBE) Division.
Priority/Outcome 3: Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
- Continue to add revenue to department users for the online auction and/or public auction of surplus county material.
- Increase knowledge and expertise of staff in government procurement and technology and improve staff communication skills.
- Provide training to county employees on county purchasing policies/procedures and purchasing software.
- Review procurements for compliance with the county’s sustainability initiative.