You are here:
Home > Services > Bid Terms & Conditions
Bid Terms & Conditions
1. Applicable laws: Cuyahoga County ordinances and Chapter 307 of the Revised Code of the State of Ohio, insofar as it applies to the laws of competitive bidding, purchases and contracts, are made a part hereof.
2. Special Conditions: Special conditions included in the Bid Document shall take precedence over any general provisions herein after set forth.
3. Specifications: Unless otherwise stated by the bidder the proposal will be considered as being in strict accordance with the specifications outlined in the Bid Document. References to a particular trade name, manufacturer's catalog or model number are made for descriptive purposes to guide the bidder in interpreting the requirements of the County only. They should not be construed as excluding proposals on other types of materials, equipment and supplies equal to that specified. However, the bidder, if awarded a contract, will be required to furnish a particular item referred to in the specifications or description unless a departure or substitution is clearly noted and described in the proposal and approved by the County.
4. Infringements and Indemnifications: The bidder, if awarded an order or contract, agrees to protect, defend, and save the County harmless against any demand for payment for the use of any patented material, process, article or device that may enter into the manufacture, construction, or form a part of the work covered by either order or contract and he further agrees to indemnify and save the County harmless from suits or actions of every nature and description brought against it, for or on account of any injuries or damage received or sustained by a party or parties, by or from any of the acts of the contractor, his servants, or agents. To this extent the bidder or contractor agrees to furnish adequate public liability and property damage insurance, the amount of which will be determined by the County whenever such insurance is deemed necessary. When so required the types and amounts of insurance to be provided is set forth in the Bid Document.
5. Worker's Compensation: Insofar as the Worker's Compensation Act is concerned, the bidder or contractor agrees to furnish an official certificate or receipt from the Industrial Commission of Ohio (or applicable State), showing that the vendor has paid into the State insurance fund the necessary premiums, whenever such certificates are required in the Bid Document.
6. Delivery: Quotations to include all charges for delivery, F.0.B. Destination - FREIGHT PREPAID, unless otherwise stated by the bidder in Bid Document. All containers of any type must be invoiced on a separate invoice. Seller must issue credit on all returnable containers upon return to the seller.
7. Quantity: The County does not obligate itself to purchase the quantities indicated, but the full discount offered must be allowed should the purchases be less.
8. Bidder Note: Bidder must use Bid Document furnished by Cuyahoga County as none other will be accepted. We reserve the right to make awards on this proposal by items, or to the lowest total bidder or reject any or all bids and waive all technicalities. Our Hours of Operation are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
9. BE SURE TO INSERT UNIT PRICES AND CARRY OUT EXTENSIONS. In case of an error in extension of prices the unit price will govern. All quoted bid prices must be firm, as no price adjustments will be allowed on the purchase order.
10. Vendors who deliver goods or perform services without a valid Purchase Order will not be paid by Cuyahoga County.
11. Cuyahoga County does not assume any payment of Personal Property Taxes for any equipment or property not owned by Cuyahoga County, nor does Cuyahoga County pay any insurance premiums for any coverage of property not owned by Cuyahoga County.
12. All contingencies in the bidder’s quotation, unless agreed to by Cuyahoga County, will not be allowed as part of the bid. No condition will alter this statement.
13. Errors or omissions could result in a bid being declared "invalid".
14. Vendor represents and warrants that neither Vendor nor any of its owners, principals, and senior management are delinquent on any taxes or court costs in Cuyahoga County.
Findings for Recovery. Vendor represents and warrants that it is not subject to an unresolved finding for recovery under Ohio Revised Code Section 9.24. If this
representation and warranty is deemed to be false, this Purchase Order is void ab initio, and Vendor must immediately repay to the County any funds paid under this contrac